YEAtaq DNA Polymerase
YEAtaq DNA Polymerase is a thermostable enzyme derived from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. It is able to withstand repeated heating to 95°C without significant loss of activity. The enzyme catalyzes 5’→3’ synthesis of DNA, has no detectable proofreading 3’→5’ exonuclease activity and possesses low 5’→3’ exonuclease activity. It also exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity, which normally results in the addition of extra adenines at the 3’-end of PCR products, required for the DNA ligation to TA vector.
Yeastern Biotech offers YEAtaq DNA Polymerase in two different packages: one with dNTPs mix and the other without. In addition, a lyophilized version of this enzyme will be on the market later soon this year.
The enzyme is in a recombinant form expressed in E. coli.
- Thermostable : half life is more than 40 min at 95°C.
- 10× Reaction Buffer is supplied with two components: KCl and (NH4)2SO4, the latter allows for PCR at wide range of magnesium concentrations and decreases non-specific priming.
- Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., dUTP, dITP, biotin-, digoxigenin-,fluorescently-labeled nucleotides).
- The error rate of YEAtaq DNA Polymerase in PCR is 2×10-5errors per nucleotide per cycle.
- Primer extension
- Terminal dA tailing
- Routine PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 3 Kb
- DNA labeling
- DNA sequencing
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will incorporate 10 nmol of dNTPs into acid-insoluble material in 30 minutes at 72°C.
- Nuclease activity is not detected after incubation of 1 μg λ /HindIII DNA with 5 units of YEAtaq DNA polymerase in 50 μl reaction buffer for 18 hours at 37 °C.
- The absence of endo-, exodeoxyribonucleases and ribonucleases is confirmed by appropriate tests. Functional test is performed by PCR.